Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Soundtrack of Your Life

I think life is better when it has it's own soundtrack playing along in the background. Everyday things change from plain and boring to events in and of themselves when the right music is playing along. Take for example, working out. No one likes to do it, but it does seem a lot more bareable with a upbeat hard pushing rhythm coupled with some guy/gal pouring all he has into the vocals. It just makes you want to work that much harder to equal their effort. Even the mundain things in life like washing clothes is knocked up a notch when you have a swinging do-whop oldie to move your butt to while loading the clothes.

I have a new app on my phone that has a mood listing you can add to a song. I have found this to be way better than putting them in a genre type playlist. I set up one "Mood" called "Harder & Faster". It is mostly used when riding my motorcycle or working out. It makes the rides to work feel like you are part of an action movie. I have "Moods" setup up for laying around which includes ton of smooth and silky Jazz tunes. A "Bar" mood packed with great blues songs, "Club Bouncing" mood with the latest pop stuff, "Sleepy Time" mood loaded with slow ballards and piano tunes.

I am not sure if they have ever done any kind of study to see the effects of music on the human mind or body, but I am sure they would find the effects if they looked. I mean when I hear a song that has a lot of energy I really feel like I have that extra bit to get me through whatever it is I am doing. Then there are the sad lonely songs that make you feel like you just broke-up with your high school sweetheart. I guess what I am getting at is that music can impart an emotion in which your physical body reacts to. So the next time your feeling down after a bad day at work, why not change your luck and put on something that takes you to a happy place or some Indie Rock that makes you rebel against the down feeling.

So what's your soundtrack like? Feel free to post in the comment section...

No comments:

Post a Comment