Monday, August 22, 2011

If you can't pay rent, then you can't stay here!

So a couple nights ago the wife tells me she hears something in the wall. Ok... I told her it was probably a mouse that fell into the wall and would probably soon die there so not to worry. Fast forward a few days, and she comes running into the man cave (My studio room) saying there was a mouse sitting on the toilet paper roll just starring at her. So thinking "This I gotta see" I go to have a look and sure enough there is a little baby mouse just chillin on the tp looking at me as if I had done something wrong! We stood there and just had a moment, just starring into each others eyes like two long lost lovers. Well not really, but I was thinking the whole time "this mouse has balls!" I mean he just sat there looking at me like "What are you gonna do about it?"

So I go to look for something to kill it with. My first thought was to get my softball bat as a I knew that would take care of the issue, but I didn't want to tear up anything so I kept looking. I came across some wasp spray. Yeah I know it says "WASP" right there on the label, but it also had a warning label saying it could cause death in humans, so it should work right?

I venture back into the bathroom with my weapon locked and loaded to find Mr. Fearless waiting in the same spot I left him. Ok so maybe this mouse has a mental problem, I thought. Anyway, I soaked the little guy down and he ran around like a freak on crack rock. I cornered him again a few minutes later and hosed him down again. He ran away under the tread mill so I left him to die a slow painful death.

I few hours later I went into the kitchen to get a glass of OJ before heading off to bed and heard something under the fridge. I was like "NO freakin way!" this guy is a trooper. So I get out my flash light to check it out and sure enough there he sat under the fridge munching away on a stick (which I still haven't figured out where that came from). So this time I decide to go caveman on him and go at it with a broom stick handle. After much poking and prodding a manage to spear him right in the head against the back wall, resulting in a loud popping noise! After digging it out and parading my defeated foe around and showing the wife I had slain the vile creature and she could sleep peacefully now, I threw him out back for the ants to feast on.

As things settled back down I went back to the fridge for that said beverage. Low and behold another one was setting there licking the peanut butter off the trap I had put out a few hours earlier. OMG what is this "When Mice Attack" or something. A grab the broom stick and pop this one in the head as well. Repeat previously stated ritual of showing off my kill and dispose of the body.

So off I go for some much needed sleep. The next morning the wife yells at me "Mouse Mouse". To which I think, "Geez why don't we just move to the landfill, the conditions have to be better, right? Anyway long story short, this was the little guy I had sprayed and he was really having a hard time to even move. That wasp spray had really done a number on him. So I swept him up and just threw him outside knowing he only had a short and painful time to live.

Now maybe they are all gone and I can stop sitting hear listening to every little noise wondering if there are any more...

3 comments:

  1. I have got to remember not to read your posts before noon. I'm so mentally disturbed right now I can't even think straight. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really don't want to know what finding a handful of mice means, do you?

    ReplyDelete